Associate Director, University Events – Axios Charlotte
The Associate Director of University Events will be responsible for the strategic development and activation of marquee events hosted by the Chancellor. These events include donor culture/recognition events, VIP speakers, award ceremonies, and various other events in support of the university. The Associate Director will also help monitor the department’s workflow, calculate event ROI and suggest creative/innovative improvements for each event.
Bachelor’s degree and one year of experience related to the field of assignment; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. All degrees must be received from accredited institutions.
Graduation from a four-year college or university and at least four years of experience as a Program Associate, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Essential duties of the position:
• Serves as primary backup for the Senior Events Manager and assists with departmental workflow
• Responsible for the planning, implementation and evaluation of chancellor-level university events
• Manages event and program planning logistics, including invitations, set-up, marketing, catering, staffing, and vendor relations
Other job responsibilities:
• Develop, execute and present a comprehensive plan to calculate and report the return on investment (ROI) for each event
• Assemble and report ROI data to senior management on an ongoing basis
• Assist the Senior Director in the allocation of resources within the department, assisting with department workflow/deadlines, budgeting and staffing
• Serve as lead creative director, suggesting/implementing improvements for events, adding innovative elements to both event execution and engagement with guests before, during and after events
Experience, skills, training and education:
• 5 years of experience in event management and/or project management
• Knowledge of event planning strategy and best practices
• Experience planning events at a high level (c-suite/executive/president, etc.)
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Google Suite and other event management applications
• Experience of university or higher education events