Senior Partner | Planetizen Job Board
About Strategic Economics
Strategic Economics is an urban, regional and real estate economics consulting firm dedicated to building just, equitable and resilient communities. We create high quality work products that are both innovative and achievable based on close collaboration with our customers and the communities they serve. Our clients include public agencies, developers and non-profit organizations seeking to understand the economic context of policies, programs and investments related to planning and development.
Strategic Economics is committed to providing the best possible climate for maximum professional development based on individual career goals for all employees. We seek to provide a comfortable, collaborative, progressive and inclusive workplace that encourages open communication and the exchange of ideas. Strategic Economics recognizes that our work is strengthened when the diversity of our team reflects that of the communities in which we work. We seek to attract a diverse applicant pool and encourage applications from people of color, LGBTQ people and people with disabilities. Strategic Economics is an equal opportunity employer.
Our 8-person firm has an office in Berkeley, CA within walking distance of the BART. As COVID-19 restrictions ease, the company expects Bay Area-based staff to have the flexibility to work some days in the office and other days from home. We also have staff who live outside the Bay Area and work full-time remotely. Bay Area residency is not required for this position. You can find more information about the firm on our website: www.strategiceconomics.com.
Strategic Economics is looking to fill the following position:
Strategic Economics is looking for an experienced individual with strong project management and leadership skills combined with experience in urban economics to join our management team: skills we are looking for include urban planning, real estate economics , economic development/regional economy, affordable housing and finance. The Senior Partner will manage a variety of consulting projects which may include real estate market analysis; development feasibility analysis (pro forma); tax impact analysis; economic development strategies; housing policy studies; infrastructure financing; and plan implementation strategies.
The following skills and experience are required:
- At least five years of professional experience in the analysis of real estate and urban economics.
- Project management experience, preferably in a consulting environment.
- Expertise in carrying out and supervising technical analyzes in one or more of the following areas: real estate market and feasibility analysis, public finance, tax impact analysis, economic development, local and regional economic analyses.
- A master’s degree in urban planning, real estate, business administration, public policy or a related field.
- Strong writing, technical and communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint and some familiarity with ESRI GIS software.
The ideal candidate should have the following abilities:
- Project management: the ability to manage multiple projects and timelines; generate and adhere to work plans, budgets and schedules; manage, train and supervise junior staff; develop technical analysis methodologies; oversee research, analysis and report writing, and maintain client relationships.
- Communication and presentation: the ability to translate technical data and analysis into understandable presentations and reports for a wide audience; make public presentations to clients, community groups and the public.
- Marketing and business development: the ability to evaluate requests for proposals and qualifications; writing competitive proposals; and representing the company at client interviews and conferences.
The position is full-time and available immediately. Our benefits include health insurance, dental care, matching funds for employee 401(k) contributions after the annual work hours required by the plan, and paid annual leave for vacation, illness, and family issues. . We also offer a professional development allowance. Working hours are flexible. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Qualified candidates, please submit your cover letter, resume and two writing samples to [email protected]. Only candidates who meet the qualifications required for the position will be considered.
Applicants, please consider completing a voluntary and anonymous diversity survey at https://strategiceconomics.com/job-applicant-diversity-survey.
ALL SELECTED CANDIDATES MUST PRESENT PROOF OF COVID-19 VACCINATION.
Strategic Economics is an Equal Opportunity Employer; we encourage all applicants with the qualifications listed above to submit the requested documents for consideration.