Werner Enterprises publishes CSR update report
OMAHA, Neb., Sept. 27, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Werner Enterprises (Nasdaq: WERN), a leading transportation and logistics provider, proudly announces the release of its Social Responsibility Update Report (CSR) as part of its Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) report.
“While ESG has always had an impact on the way we do business, our inaugural CSR report released last year has helped us further integrate ESG into our overall business strategy, creating a holistic alignment “said Werner Chairman and CEO Derek Leathers. “This CSR Update Report is not only a benchmark of the progress we have made, but also an illustration of the promises and goals we have for the future.”
The CSR Update Report continues the introduction of the “Werner Drive” (Sustainable, Results, Innovation, Values, ESG) initiative, which incorporates sustainability, capital allocation, a results, a drive to innovate and a culture that supports and values team members.
Highlights from Werner’s CSR Update Report:
- Establishment of management oversight through the creation of the WernerBlue working group to drive ESG strategies and priorities
- Addition of a Voluntary Leave Program (VTO) to the list of employee benefits
- Continued investment and testing of alternative fuels and technologies, including electric vehicles, hydrogen, hybrid, CNG, idle management/APUs
- Added new board members, increasing our board diversity to 56%
New forward-looking goals established in this update:
- By the end of 2024, create a waste and energy dashboard measuring progress in waste reduction and electricity consumption
- By the end of 2023, launch a formalized supplier diversity program
- By the end of 2023, deploy anti-trafficking training for all Werner office employees
- By the end of 2023, launch a next-generation employee engagement survey with updated metrics focused on ESG and DEI initiatives, while integrating feedback into future HR-related strategic planning
- By the end of 2024, as part of our broader DEI strategy, launch a driver-specific communications plan to increase awareness of company-wide DEI efforts
- By the end of 2023, appoint an independent lead director to our board of directors
“I am extremely proud of our drivers and associates who have gone above and beyond to get us to this point, and I look forward to continuing to strengthen our ESG efforts,” Leathers concluded.
Link to the 2022 CSR Update Report
About Werner Enterprises
Werner Enterprises, Inc. (Nasdaq: WERN) provides superior truckload transportation and logistics services to customers in the United States, Mexico and Canada. With revenues of $2.7 billion in 2021, an industry-leading fleet of modern trucks and trailers, more than 14,000 talented associates, and our innovative Werner EDGE technology, we are an essential solution provider for customers who value the integrity of their supply chain and demand safe and exceptional services. service on time. Werner provides dedicated and one-way truckload services as well as logistics services that include truckload brokerage, freight management, intermodal and last mile. As an industry leader, Werner is deeply committed to promoting sustainability and supporting diversity, equity and inclusion.
Source: Werner Enterprises, Inc.